Emursive Productions, the producing company behind the McKittrick Hotel, home of Sleep No More, Gallow Green, Manderley Bar, and The Club Car is seeking an Audio Systems Technician to work on a new production. The Audio Systems Technician, reporting to the Audio Supervisor, will support and execute the artistic vision of the Sound Design as it relates to all audio elements. The Audio System Technician will work with the Lead Audio Engineer/Audio Supervisor in the build and installation of the audio system and all audio elements as assigned and ensure that they are safe and well functioning. The Audio System Technician will maintain a safe and functional workspace and respond to notes as they arise while remaining in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
We are seeking someone who is a true self-starter, a multi-tasker, and someone able to prioritize responsibilities. Candidates will demonstrate attention to detail, creative problem-solving skills, possess and exhibit empathy, exude a good sense of humor, and a track record of on-their-feet problem solving. Candidates must be proactive and possess clear communication skills and the ability to be a team player.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Audio Systems Technician” No phone calls or unsolicited emails, please. We do not work with recruiters or placement agencies. All interested applicants should apply directly. Applications may be sent to [email protected].
– Hang, rig, run, and install all audio equipment and cable as assigned.
– Ensure a safe working environment at all times, and will report any unsafe conditions or behavior to Production Management.
– Be independent, have an excellent attitude, and a passion for storytelling in immersive environments.
– 2+ years of professional experience
– Associate of Arts or BFA in Technical Theatre or related field or equivalent experience. – Understanding of Dante systems
– Basic knowledge of Qlab operations
– A strong understanding of industry standards for audio applications
– A strong understanding of audio signal flow and routing in digital and analog applications
– A basic understanding and willingness to explore networking concepts (as applied in audio, lighting, show control, and otherwise)
– Have a basic understanding of power distribution in theatrical applications – Have a basic understanding of musical instrument equipment (i.e. changing and tuning drum heads, changing guitar tubes, etc)
– Demonstrate strong leadership, self-sufficiency, organization, and interdepartmental cooperation
– Lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling of supplies, etc., up to 50 lbs., as well as occasional climbing, stooping, kneeling, and crouching
– Ability to work in a collaborative environment with a high paced setting – Strong verbal communication skills; great attention to detail; adaptable and calm under pressure; proactive self starter
– Be comfortable with a flexible schedule including late nights, weekends, and holidays
– Regulatory/ Compliance
– Managing Performance
– Strategic Focus
*Can complete responsibilities and duties under the following conditions when needed*
– Spaces which contain large amounts of dust & uneven flooring
– Numerous trips up and down six floors, material carry as needed through the main staircase when elevator sizes are insufficient.
– Ability to lift 50 lbs unaided.
Contracts begin August 20th and range from 23 – 8 weeks in length.
$30-$35/hr, Expected 40 hrs/wk
Emursive Productions is an equal opportunity employer. Emursive does not tolerate harassment and discrimination and will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.Apply Now