The McKittrick Hotel, home of Sleep No More, Manderley Bar, Gallow Green, and the Club Car, is seeking a bartender for multiple venues within the space. This candidate should have extensive cocktail, beer, and wine knowledge as well as strong interpersonal skills. This candidate should possess excellent guest service skills, the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and experience bartending in a high volume venue. A minimum of 2 years bartending experience in NYC is required. This role will require nights and weekends.
– Assist guests with menu, cocktails and service information
– Enhance the total guest experience by committing to the knowledge and comprehension of the food and beverage program.
– Process guest payments and cash outs.
– Perform all opening and closing side work as set forth by the floor manager and/or general manager, including cleanliness of bar sitting area, glassware shelves and service stations, lowboys, all bar equipment, menus and cocktail/wine lists.
– Enter beverage and food orders accurately into the computer system.
– Develop an in-depth knowledge of the food, beverage and cocktail menus.
– Assist all team members on an as needed basis.
– Ensure that all guest interaction is efficient, expedient, and personalized.
– Attend all designated staff and pre-meal meetings.
– Check ID of all patrons that look younger than 30 years old
– Abide by New York State and restaurant designated policies regarding tip structure and government tip reporting.
– Employee will be required to perform any tasks as needed by the company.
– Must be able to seize, grasp, turn, and hold objects with hands.
– Must be able to work standing for a minimum period of 8 hours a day.
– Must be able to occasionally kneel, bend, and crouch as required.
– Must be able to move, pull, carry, and lift at least 30 pounds.
– Knowledge and ability to produce accurately and timely house specialty cocktails and classic cocktails.
– Organizational skills.
– Excellent command of the English language.
– Teamwork and customer service oriented.
– Excellent communication and organizational skills
– Warm, friendly personality
– Ability to remain calm and kind under pressure
– Ability to manage guest requests and provide excellent guest service
– Strong interpersonal skills and an openness to learn and be a part of a team
– Minimum 1 year of experience in a guest relations role (restaurant experience preferred)
– Must work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
– $15 per hour plus tip, paid weekly on Friday
– Paid Time Off
The McKittrick Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. The McKittrick Hotel does not tolerate harassment and discrimination and will take affirmative action measures against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.