Emursive Productions, the producing company behind the McKittrick Hotel, home of Sleep No More, Gallow Green, Manderley Bar, and The Club Car is seeking a Carpenter to work on a new production on nights and weekends. The Carpenter, reporting to the Technical Director and Lead Carpenter, will support and execute the artistic vision of the Scenic Design as it relates to all scenic build and install for assigned projects using a variety of methods and materials. The Carpenter must work well with a team of scenic craftspeople to create excellent work in a timely manner, maintain a safe and functional workspace, and build or repair scenery under the guidance of the Lead Carpenter and Technical Director while remaining in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. The schedule for this role will be during evening and weekend hours.
We are seeking someone who is a true self-starter, a multi-tasker, and someone able to prioritize responsibilities. Candidates will demonstrate attention to detail, creative problem-solving skills, possess and exhibit empathy, exude a good sense of humor, and a track record of on-their-feet problem solving. Candidates must be proactive and possess clear communication skills and the ability to be a team player.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Carpenter” No phone calls or unsolicited emails, please. We do not work with recruiters or placement agencies. All interested applicants should apply directly. Applications may be sent to [email protected].
- Work closely with the Lead Carpenter and Scenic Project Manager to fabricate scenery as assigned.
- Ensure a safe working environment at all times, and will report any unsafe conditions or behavior to the Scenic Project Manager.
- Complete projects on schedule with a high level of quality.
- Be independent, have an excellent attitude, and a passion for storytelling in immersive environments.
- 4+ years of professional experience
- Associate of Arts or BFA in Technical Theatre or related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Experience working with varied materials and a wide variety of both powered and hand tools.
- Experience building and loading in scenery on site.
- Demonstrate strong collaborative, communication, and technical skills
- Demonstrate a willingness to maintain high standards for a quality, safe, and supportive work environment
- Demonstrate a strong sense of self-efficiency and organization
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and efficiency when working under pressure, time constraints, dim lighting, show volume, and in view of audience members.
- Strategic Focus
- Managing Performance
*Can complete responsibilities and duties under the following conditions when needed*
- Spaces which contain large amounts of dust & uneven flooring
- Numerous trips up and down six floors, material loading as needed through the main staircase when elevator sizes are insufficient.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs unaided.
- Contracts begin immediately and vary in length, those with varied availability welcome to apply.
$30 – $45/hr