Emursive, the producing company behind the McKittrick Hotel, home of Sleep No More, Gallow Green, Manderley Bar, and The Club Car is seeking a Graphics/Content Artisan. The Graphics/Content Artisan is responsible for supporting and executing the artistic vision of the Scenic Design of Emursive’s New Project as it relates to all graphics and paper prop design needs. The Graphics/Content Artisan must have an understanding of period design and graphic prop making, such as handwritten letters, diaries and book binding, newspapers, etc; generate graphic identity material for the production; and create paper props, labels, posters, and other graphic design needs under the guidance of the Details Manager and Props Manager. The Graphics/Content Artisan must work well with a team of scenic craftspeople to create excellent work in a timely manner and maintain a safe and functional workspace, while remaining in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
We are seeking someone who is a true self-starter, a multi-tasker, and someone able to prioritize responsibilities. Candidates will demonstrate attention to detail, creative problem-solving skills, possess and exhibit empathy, exude a good sense of humor, and a track record of on-their-feet problem solving. Candidates must be proactive and possess clear communication skills and the ability to be a team player.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Graphics/Content Artisan” No phone calls or unsolicited emails, please. We do not work with recruiters or placement agencies. All interested applicants should apply directly. Applications may be sent to [email protected]
– Work closely with the Details Manager and Props Manager to design and execute graphic design needs including but not limited to: labels, posters, set dressing, paper props.
– Ability to be assigned projects and complete them autonomously, process design and engineering.
– Sample, source and work with varying textile materials to create realistic presentations of graphic designs to be used within the show environment.
– Fabricate materials, and serve as point of contact with printing and other related fabrication vendors for productions of printed materials.
– In collaboration with Props Manager and Assistant Props Manager, create and maintain paperwork and visual bible of graphic materials, and plans for maintenance and replenishment during production run.
– Ensure a safe working environment at all times, and will report any unsafe conditions or behavior to the Technical Director.
– Complete projects on schedule with a high level of quality.
– Be independent, have an excellent attitude, and a passion for storytelling in immersive environments.
– Associate of Arts or BFA in Technical Theatre or related field or equivalent experience.
– 2+ years of professional experience
– Ability to read technical drawings.
– Demonstrate strong collaborative, communication, and technical skills
– Demonstrate a willingness to maintain high standards for a quality, safe, and supportive work environment
– Demonstrate a strong sense of self-efficiency and organization
– Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and efficiency when working under pressure, time constraints, dim lighting, show volume, and in view of audience members.
*Can complete responsibilities and duties under the following conditions, when working in show conditions*
– Strobing lights
– Continuous, large quantities of haze
– Minimal to no lighting
– Spaces which contain large amounts of dust & uneven flooring
– Required half-masks worn by all employees during performance
– Numerous trips up and down six floors, unaided by the elevator
$30/hr; expected 40 hrs/week
– Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
– Paid Time Off
Emursive is an equal opportunity employer. Emursive does not tolerate harassment and discrimination and will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.Apply Now