More, Gallow Green, Manderley Bar, and The Club Car is seeking an Installation Artist to work on a new production. The Installation Artist, reporting to the Details Manager, will support and execute the artistic vision of the Scenic Design as it relates to all creative installation elements for assigned projects using a variety of methods and materials. The Installation Artist must work well with a team of scenic craftspeople to create excellent work in a timely manner, maintain a safe and functional workspace, and create creative installations in conjunction with the Scenic Design team under the guidance of the Details Manager while remaining in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.We are seeking someone who is a true self-starter, a multi-tasker, and someone able to prioritize responsibilities. Candidates will demonstrate attention to detail, creative problem-solving skills, possess and exhibit empathy, exude a good sense of humor, and a track record of on-their-feet problem solving. Candidates must be proactive and possess clear communication skills and the ability to be a team player.Please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Installation Artist” No phone calls or unsolicited emails, please. We do not work with recruiters or placement agencies. All interested applicants should apply directly. Applications may be sent to [email protected]
– Work closely with the Details Manager and Scenic Design Team to build and craft installations as assigned.
– Ensure a safe working environment at all times, and will report any unsafe conditions or behavior to the Technical Director.
– Complete projects on schedule with a high level of quality. Be independent, have an excellent attitude, and a passion for storytelling in immersive environments.
– 4+ years of professional experience
– Associate of Arts or BFA in Technical Theatre, Fine Art or related field or equivalent experience.
– Ability to read technical drawings a plus.
– Experience working with varied materials and a wide variety of both powered and hand tools.
– Experience building and loading in artistic installations on site.
– Demonstrate strong collaborative, communication, and technical skills
– Demonstrate a willingness to maintain high standards for a quality, safe, and supportive work environment
– Demonstrate a strong sense of self-efficiency and organization
– Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and efficiency when working under pressure, time constraints, dim lighting, show volume, and in view of audience members.
– Strategic Focus
– Managing Performance
*Can complete responsibilities and duties under the following conditions when needed*
– Spaces which contain large amounts of dust & uneven flooring
– Minimal to low lighting
– Numerous trips up and down six floors, material carry as needed through the main staircase when elevator sizes are insufficient.
– Ability to lift 50 lbs unaided.
Contracts begin upon hiring and are 10 weeks in length.
$30/hr, Expected 40 hrs/wk