Emursive Productions, the producing company behind the McKittrick Hotel, home of Sleep No More, Gallow Green, Manderley Bar, and The Club Car is seeking a Prop Carpenter to work on a new production. The Prop Carpenter, reporting to the Details Manager and Prop Manager, will support and execute the artistic vision of the Scenic Design as it relates to all prop, detail, and dressing carpentry build, modification, and install for assigned projects using a variety of methods and materials. The Prop Carpenter must work well with a team of scenic craftspeople to create excellent work in a timely manner, maintain a safe and functional workspace, and build or repair props and other detail dressing and installations under the guidance of the Prop Manager while remaining in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
We are seeking someone who is a true self-starter, a multi-tasker, and someone able to prioritize responsibilities. Candidates will demonstrate attention to detail, creative problem-solving skills, possess and exhibit empathy, exude a good sense of humor, and a track record of on-their-feet problem solving. Candidates must be proactive and possess clear communication skills and the ability to be a team player.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Prop Carpenter” No phone calls or unsolicited emails, please. We do not work with recruiters or placement agencies. All interested applicants should apply directly. Applications may be sent to [email protected]
– Work closely with the Prop Manager to fabricate or modify props, dressing, and other detail carpentry and fabrication as assigned.
– Ability to be assigned projects and complete them autonomously, process design and engineering.
– Interface with Scenic Carpentry staff.
– Assist with installation of detail as appropriate.
– Ensure a safe working environment at all times, and will report any unsafe conditions or behavior to the Technical Director.
– Complete projects on schedule with a high level of quality.
– Be independent, have an excellent attitude, and a passion for storytelling in immersive environments.
– 4+ years of professional experience
– Associate of Arts or BFA in Technical Theatre or related field or equivalent experience. – Ability to read technical drawings.
– Experience working with varied materials and a wide variety of both powered and hand tools. – Experience creating and altering new and antique furniture to fit the needs of a theatrical production – including but not limited to reinforcing, repairing, patterning, and duplicating. – Demonstrate strong collaborative, communication, and technical skills – Demonstrate a willingness to maintain high standards for a quality, safe, and supportive work environment
– Demonstrate a strong sense of self-efficiency and organization
– Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and efficiency when working under pressure, time constraints, dim lighting, show volume, and in view of audience members.
– Strategic Focus
– Managing Performance
*Can complete responsibilities and duties under the following conditions when needed* – Spaces which contain large amounts of dust & uneven flooring
– Numerous trips up and down six floors, material carry as needed through the main staircase when elevator sizes are insufficient.
– Ability to lift 50 lbs unaided.
Contracts begin August 8th and are 12 weeks in length.
$30/hr, Expected 40 hrs/wk
Emursive Productions is an equal opportunity employer. Emursive does not tolerate harassment and discrimination and will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.Apply Now