– Work closely with the Detail Manager and Props Manager to acquire, build, or craft projects as assigned; including but not limited to detail installations, furniture, set dressing, soft goods, hand props, stage weaponry, food, and ephemera.
– Ability to be assigned projects and complete them autonomously, process design and engineering.
– Ensure a safe working environment at all times, and will report any unsafe conditions or behavior to the Technical Director.
– Complete projects on schedule with a high level of quality.
– Be independent, have an excellent attitude, and a passion for storytelling in immersive environments.
– 2+ years of professional experience
– Associate of Arts or BFA in Technical Theatre or related field or equivalent experience.
– Ability to read technical drawings.
– Experience working with varied materials and a wide variety of both powered and hand tools. – Ideal candidate will have a range of props artisan skills including, but not limited to; scene painting, hand and machine stitching, soft good construction, upholstery, mold making and casting, floral arranging, and paper goods graphics and construction.
– Demonstrate strong collaborative, communication, and technical skills – Demonstrate a willingness to maintain high standards for a quality, safe, and supportive work environment
– Demonstrate a strong sense of self-efficiency and organization
– Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and efficiency when working under pressure, time constraints, dim lighting, show volume, and in view of audience members.
– Strategic Focus
– Managing Performance
*Can complete responsibilities and duties under the following conditions when needed* – Spaces which contain large amounts of dust & uneven flooring
– Numerous trips up and down six floors, material carry as needed through the main staircase when elevator sizes are insufficient.
– Ability to lift 50 lbs unaided.
Contracts begin upon hiring and range in 8 – 12 weeks in length.
$30/hr, Expected 40 hrs/wk