The McKittrick Hotel, home of Sleep No More, Manderley Bar, Gallow Green, and the Club Car, are seeking servers for multiple venues within the space. This candidate should have food, cocktail, beer, and wine knowledge as well as strong interpersonal skills. This candidate should possess excellent guest service skills, the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and experience serving in a high volume venue. A minimum of 1 year of serving experience is required.
– To assist guests with menu, cocktails and service information
– To enhance the total guest experience by committing to the knowledge and comprehension of the food and beverage program.
– To process guest payments and cash outs.
– Perform all opening and closing side work as set forth by the floor manager and/or general manager, including cleanliness of kitchen and service stations, menus and cocktail/wine lists.
– Enter food orders accurately into the computer system.
– Assist the dining room manager with all dining room-related tasks.
– Develop an in-depth knowledge of the food, beverage and cocktail menus.
– Understand and develop knowledge of the immersive world inside the hotel
– Ensure that all guest interaction is efficient, expedient, and personalized.
– Attend all designated staff and pre-meal meetings.
– Abide by New York State and restaurant designated policies regarding tip structure and government tip reporting.
– Employee will be required to perform any tasks as needed by the company
– Must be able to seize, grasp, turn, and hold objects with hands.
– Must be able to work standing for a minimum period of 8 hours a day.
– Must be able to occasionally kneel, bend, and crouch as required.
– Must be able to move, pull, carry, and lift at least 30 pounds.
– Excellent communication and organizational skills
– Warm, friendly personality
– Ability to remain calm and kind under pressure
– Ability to manage guest requests and provide excellent guest service
– Knowledge of POS systems (ex: Salido)
– Cash Handling experience
– Strong command of the English language.
– Teamwork and customer service oriented.
– Is punctual and has a can-do attitude
– Authorized to work in the United States.
– Strong interpersonal skills and an openness to learn and be a part of a team
– Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
– Minimum 1 year of experience as a server.
– Must work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
– Competitive wages plus tips, paid weekly on Friday
– Paid Time Off
Please Note: All McKittrick Hotel staff are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
The McKittrick Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. The McKittrick Hotel does not tolerate harassment and discrimination and will take affirmative action measures against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.