Events Lighting Show Operator
The McKittrick Hotel, home of Sleep No More, Gallow Green, Manderley Bar, and The Club Car is seeking an Events Lighting Programmer. The Events Lighting Programmer plays an essential role in creating lighting design for an event without an assigned lighting designer. The successful candidate strives to ensure that all elements comply with company policies and are implemented in a safe and efficient manner. Attention to detail, time management, and efficiency are imperative. The job requires skilful busking on the EOS consoles to best match the music & atmosphere of the event without tech rehearsals or previously written cues. The successful candidate will play an essential role in executing the lighting of various events while remaining in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
We are seeking someone who is a true self-starter, a multi-tasker, and someone able to prioritize responsibilities. Candidates will demonstrate attention to detail, creative problem-solving skills, possess and exhibit empathy, exude a good sense of humor, and a track record of on-their-feet problem solving. Candidates must be proactive and possess clear communication skills and the ability to be a team player.
The McKittrick Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. The McKittrick Hotel does not tolerate harassment and discrimination and will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please submit cover letter and resume with the subject line “Events Lighting Programmer” No phone calls or unsolicited emails, please. We do not work with recruiters or placement agencies. All interested applicants should apply directly.
– Creating cues and writing effects on the day of the event (often within limited time window)
– Running the lighting for an assigned event
– Make self sufficient design choices and programming appropriate for each instance
– Attending all scheduled shifts with punctuality
– Maintaining the neatness of the work spaces
– Creating and updating new projects documentation, magic sheets and show files
– Take notes from the client and implement them into lighting design as applicable
– The ability to take notes and feed back well and work collaboratively with in-house production, management, and clients
– Other duties as assigned by the lighting supervisor
– Associate of Arts or better in Technical Theatre or an equivalent field
– 5+ years of professional experience
– Ability to read stage lighting plots, wiring diagrams and other technical drawings.
– Ability to work well with clients outside of our organization and receive notes
– Demonstrate strong collaborative, communication, and technical skills
– Demonstrate a willingness to maintain high standards for a quality, safe, and support work environment
– Demonstrate a strong sense of self-efficiency and organization
– Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and efficiency when working under pressure, time constraints, dim lighting, show volume, and in view of audience members.
– Extensive experience programming ETC / EOS consoles
*Can complete responsibilities and duties under the following conditions, when working in show conditions*
– Strobing lights
– Continuous, large quantities of haze
– Minimal to no lighting
– Spaces which contain large amounts of dust & uneven flooring
– Required half-masks worn by all employees during performance
– Numerous trips up and down six floors, unaided by the elevator
$35/hr- non exempt, overhire/part time