The McKittrick Hotel, home of Sleep No More, Manderley Bar, Gallow Green, and the Club Car, are seeking support staff for multiple venues within the space including barbacks, bussers and runners. This candidate should possess excellent guest service skills, the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and experience working in a high volume venue. A minimum of 1 year restaurant experience is required. This role will require nights and weekends.
– Assisting with opening and closing duties, such as restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc.
– Ensuring the bar is well-stocked with ice, liquor, wine, and beer.
– Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if needed.
– Keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
– Set and reset tables quickly, with efficiency and consistency.
– Clear tables of china and glassware and deliver to the dishwashing area.
– Polish and restock all dining room supplies including glassware, china and silverware.
– Prepare and deliver various coffee and tea drinks
– Assist the dining room manager with all dining room-related tasks.
– Attend all designated staff and pre-meal meetings.
– To assist the kitchen in delivery of food.
– Learning about menu items and memorizing cocktail recipes.
– Speaking to customers, answering questions, handling complaints.
– Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly.
– Abide by New York State and restaurant designated policies regarding tip structure and government tip reporting.
– Employee will be required to perform any tasks as needed by the company
– Must be able to seize, grasp, turn, and hold objects with hands.
– Must be able to work standing for a minimum period of 8 hours a day.
– Must be able to occasionally kneel, bend, and crouch as required.
– Must be able to move, pull, carry, and lift at least 30 pounds.
– Organizational skills.
– Excellent command of the English language.
– Teamwork and customer service oriented.
– Excellent communication and organizational skills
– Warm, friendly personality
– Ability to remain calm and kind under pressure
– Ability to manage guest requests and provide excellent guest service
– Ability to easily manage logistics
– Strong interpersonal skills and an openness to learn and be a part of a team
– Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
– Minimum 1 year of experience in a guest relations role (restaurant experience preferred)
– Must work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
– Competitive wages plus tips, paid weekly on Friday
– Paid Time Off
Please Note: All McKittrick Hotel staff are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
The McKittrick Hotel is an equal opportunity employer. The McKittrick Hotel does not tolerate harassment and discrimination and will take affirmative action measures against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.