Emursive, the producing company behind the McKittrick Hotel, home of Sleep No More, Gallow Green, Manderley Bar, and The Club Car is seeking a Set Electrician. The Set Electrician is responsible for supporting and executing the artistic vision of the Lighting Design of Emursive’s New Project as it relates to all scenic lighting elements. The Set Electrician will work with the Lighting Supervisor/Master Electrician in installing and operating all in set lighting elements while striving to ensure that all elements comply with company policies and are implemented in a safe and efficient manner. Attention to detail, time management, and efficiency are imperative. The Set Electrician will maintain a safe and functional workspace and respond to notes as they arise while remaining in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
We are seeking someone who is a true self-starter, a multi-tasker, and someone able to prioritize responsibilities. Candidates will demonstrate attention to detail, creative problem-solving skills, possess and exhibit empathy, exude a good sense of humor, and a track record of on-their-feet problem solving. Candidates must be proactive and possess clear communication skills and the ability to be a team player.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Set Electrician” No phone calls or unsolicited emails, please. We do not work with recruiters or placement agencies. All interested applicants should apply directly.
– Installation and operation/troubleshooting of all in set lighting elements including but not limited to creating, soldering, and programming.
– Lighting design implementation according to the paperwork provided by the Lighting Designer & Lighting Supervisor/Master Electrician
– Maintaining, organizing, and inventorying of supplies needed for design execution
– Clear and concise communication through both written and verbal applications
– Creating and updating the circuiting paperwork (circuiting diagrams and lightwright)
– Ensure a safe working environment at all times, and will report any unsafe conditions or behavior to Production Management.
– Be independent, have an excellent attitude, and a passion for storytelling in immersive environments.
– 2+ years of professional experience
– Ability to read stage lighting plots, wiring diagrams and other technical drawings.
– Demonstrate strong collaborative, communication, and technical skills
– Demonstrate a willingness to maintain high standards for a quality, safe, and supportive work environment
– Demonstrate a strong sense of self-efficiency and organization
– Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and efficiency when working under pressure, time constraints, dim lighting, show volume, and in view of audience members.
*Can complete responsibilities and duties under the following conditions, when working in show conditions*
– Strobing lights
– Continuous, large quantities of haze
– Minimal to no lighting
– Spaces which contain large amounts of dust & uneven flooring
– Required half-masks worn by all employees during performance
– Numerous trips up and down six floors, unaided by the elevator
$35hr; Expected 40 hrs/wk
– Health, Dental,Vision & Life Insurance
– Paid Time Off
Emursive is an equal opportunity employer. Emursive does not tolerate harassment and discrimination and will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.Apply Now