We are seeking someone who is a true self-starter, a multi-tasker, and someone able to prioritize responsibilities. Candidates will demonstrate attention to detail, creative problem-solving skills, possess and exhibit empathy, exude a good sense of humor, and a track record of on-their-feet problem solving. Candidates must be proactive and possess clear communication skills and the ability to be a team player.Please submit a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Set Electrician” No phone calls or unsolicited emails, please. We do not work with recruiters or placement agencies. All interested applicants should apply directly.Responsibilities:
– Installation and operation/troubleshooting of all in set lighting elements including but not limited to creating, soldering, and programming.
– Lighting design implementation according to the paperwork provided by the Lighting Designer & Lighting Supervisor/Master Electrician
– Maintaining, organizing, and inventorying of supplies needed for design execution
– Clear and concise communication through both written and verbal applications
– Creating and updating the circuiting paperwork (circuiting diagrams and lightwright)
– Ensure a safe working environment at all times, and will report any unsafe conditions or behavior to Production Management.
– Be independent, have an excellent attitude, and a passion for storytelling in immersive environments.
– 2+ years of professional experience
– Ability to read stage lighting plots, wiring diagrams and other technical drawings.
– Demonstrate strong collaborative, communication, and technical skills
– Demonstrate a willingness to maintain high standards for a quality, safe, and supportive work environment
– Demonstrate a strong sense of self-efficiency and organization
– Demonstrate strong problem solving skills and efficiency when working under pressure, time constraints, dim lighting, show volume, and in view of audience members.
*Can complete responsibilities and duties under the following conditions, when working in show conditions*
– Strobing lights
– Continuous, large quantities of haze
– Minimal to no lighting
– Spaces which contain large amounts of dust & uneven flooring
– Required half-masks worn by all employees during performance
– Numerous trips up and down six floors, unaided by the elevator
$35hr; Expected 40 hrs/wk
– Health, Dental,Vision & Life Insurance
– Paid Time Off