The McKittrick Hotel, home of Sleep No More, Gallow Green, Manderley Bar, and The Club Car is seeking a Wardrobe Supervisor. The Wardrobe Supervisor is responsible for preserving and maintaining all elements of the costume, hair, makeup and wig design of all venues and productions within the McKittrick Hotel to the quality of the design intention. You will be responsible for preserving the good condition of all costumes and ensure that they are safe and well functioning, and appropriately fitted to all cast members. The successful candidate will oversee the wardrobe operations, manage staff, maintain a functional and efficient costume shop, all while remaining in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
We are seeking someone who is a true self-starter, a multi-tasker, and someone able to prioritize responsibilities. Candidates will demonstrate attention to detail, creative problem-solving skills, possess and exhibit empathy, exude a good sense of humor, and a track record of on-their-feet problem solving. Candidates must be proactive and possess clear communication skills and the ability to be a team player.
Please submit cover letter, resume at the provided link. No phone calls or unsolicited emails, please. We do not work with recruiters or placement agencies. All interested applicants should apply directly.
- Oversee fittings, alterations and notes with cast members
- Maintain the existing costume stock, and perform repairs to ensure longevity of pieces
- Perform inventory management for all stock costumes, wigs, hair and makeup supplies
- Maintain documentation of show pieces, and perform data analysis on wear and tear patterns, and frequency of damage and disappearance, and solve for sustainability
- Manage resources for costume shop operation (including but not limited to wardrobe maintenance, laundry resources etc)
- Oversee and supervise all costume, wardrobe, makeup, hair and wigs staff and external wardrobe related contractors
- Project manage all wardrobe aspects of in-house events and productions, and provide support as needed for external events
- Be on site for events outside of normal work hours to support all wardrobe components, with a schedule agreed upon with the Production Management office; including but not limited to event changeover, event, and/or event strike attendance
- Manage and supervise all aspects of events costume construction including overhire stitching team, purchasing, budget management and tracking, and scheduling in collaboration with Events or Production Costume Designer.
- Oversee and supervise all wardrobe, hair, and makeup staff and external overhire staff for all events and productions within the McKittrick Hotel
- Coordinate with Punchdrunk costume designer on design changes and alterations
- Advise on design for uniform requirements for public facing staff positions
- Coordinate with the Director and Assistant Director of Production on the implementation of new McKittrick projects
- Maintain Costume shop and dressing room wardrobe zones to ensure a safe, compliant working environment
- Moderate control of all materials used in wardrobe construction and maintenance (including but not limited to flammable materials) in accordance with local and state regulations.
- Position requires some evening and weekend hours
- Keep financial and non-financial records
- Perform analysis and forecasting
- 4 year degree in Technical Theatre or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 2 years of professional experience as a wardrobe supervisor.
- Comfortable using industrial, domestic, and serger sewing machines.
- Good understanding of setting and styling wigs.
- Ability to lift at least 20 lbs, as well as climb and reach on ladders and stairs
- Extremely detail-oriented and responsible
- Exceptional people and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Great attention to detail; Adaptable and calm under pressure; Proactive self starter.
- Ability to quickly solve problems that may arise unexpectedly to get work done efficiently and safely.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines, in a fast paced and high pressure environment.
- Ability to adapt easily to an ever-changing production process.
*Can complete responsibilities and duties under the following conditions*
- Strobing lights
- Continuous, large quantities of haze
- Minimal to no lighting
- Spaces which contain large amounts of dust & uneven flooring
- Required half-masks worn by all employees during performance
- Numerous trips up and down six floors, unaided by the elevator
- Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Exempt Salary position